If, like us, you run a BDD or MDT setup in order to install your Operating Systems, this might be useful 🙂
If you’d like to pre-install Vista updates and hotfixes while Vista is installing:
- Go to your Distribution Share (C:\Distribution)
- Go into Operating Systems, then find your Vista OS (C:\Distribution\Operating Systems\Windows Vista Business SP1 – 32bit)
- Create a new folder in this directory called “update”
- Copy all of your Vista Update files (.msu) into this directory
- That’s it 🙂 The next time you run a Vista deployment, the updates will be pre-installed!
The same concept applies to installing from a Vista DVD.
If you’d like a list of updates released since Vista SP1, check out this site: http://aaron-kelley.net/downloads/hotfix/