After cutting out a good 99% of dairy from my diet, I managed to make myself lactose intolerant.
These delicious cookies are not just free from dairy, they’re free from all animal ingredients 🙂
- 225 grams of dairy-free margarine at room temperature (1 cup)
- 280 grams sugar (1.25 cups)
- Fair-Trade if you can 🙂
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- Molasses is sometimes hard to find in supermarkets. Try somewhere like Holland and Barrett or your local health food store.
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 280 grams all-purpose flour (2.5 cups)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- A pinch of teaspoon salt (I don’t use any at all)
- 100 grams of Dark chocolate chips (1.5 cups)
- SuperCook Plain chocolate chips are good – and Dairy free.
I have tried to quote products available in the UK, but you can find most of these ingredients in your local supermarket or health food store.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius (350 F)
- Cream together margarine and sugar until fluffy.
- Add molasses and vanilla
- Add the flour, baking soda, and salt â€“ Mix well.
- Fold in the chocolate chips
- Put on an ungreased baking tray, in teaspoon fulls, 5cm apart. (2 inches)
- Bake for 8-10 mins â€“ until slightly browned. Don’t leave them longer – they might not look ready after 10 minutes, but they are, trust me!
- Leave to stand for a minute and slide them off onto a cooling rack before running your next batch.
- Have a sneaky one while you’re waiting for the rest to cook, then share and enjoy! 😀