Sometimes, I just casually cruise around LinkedIn, seeing who knows who, and where they work – often clicking off to company and personal websites. Occasionally, I might stumble across something interesting. To show what I mean, here’s something I found just a few minutes ago:
- LinkedIn has company data on DisplayLink.
- We’re in the same building as NetBanx, so I check them out.
- I see that I’m somehow linked to a few employees (mainly via our Techincal Recruiter, but also via contacts I made while out job hunting way back when).
- I click on someone to see how they’re linked to me.
- This guy has a personal site, which I check out.
- Ooh, his front page mentions a nice usability tidbit that I wasn’t aware of, and credits the source
- I check the source
- Discover that the source also makes a verrrry nice looking AWstats “wrapper” that I’m just forwarding to my colleague, as some of our marketing guys use AWstats for Web Analytics.
Crazy stuff eh? 🙂